As a NationBuilder Architect at Hines Digital, you get to apply your deep product knowledge and experience to craft delightful and effective websites for some of the world’s most impactful campaigns and causes. You’ll work at the forefront of the conservative movement, and your websites will be used by heads of state, national political parties, insurgent candidates, and other leading advocacy organizations.
Our remote team is made up of curious, multidisciplinary, autonomous self-starters. We believe passionately in the power of design and organizing to shape and improve how campaigns & causes interact with the public at large. We’re constantly searching for ways that effective NationBuilder website design can help us to better organize communities, improve conversion rates, and achieve our clients’ goals.
This is an opportunity to work with a fast-growing company with unmatched NationBuilder experience. Our international client base that spans across corporate, nonprofit, and political sectors. If you want to work at the cutting edge of digital strategy, then you’re in the right place.
About the role: Our team is interested in meeting Certified NationBuilder Architects at all levels, for varying types of freelance work. Opportunities will range from being embedded in a larger website development team creating a complex website based off of an existing design, to fully delegating the design and development of a client’s NationBuilder theme.
- A current and valid NationBuilder Architect Certification
- Strong knowledge of modern Web Standards (HTML5, CSS3)
- Experience with responsive design
- An eye for typography, whitespace, and other details that occur at the intersection of design and code
- 1+ years of professional experience working with a team (specifically developers, creative/art directors, copywriters, and strategists)
- Experience with—or willingness to learn—Basecamp’s project management platform and approach to asynchronous work
- Expert, grounded communicator: you know how to set expectations with teammates, ask the right questions, explain what you’re capable of, and talk about your design decisions clearly and persuasively to non-designers.
- A versatile online portfolio of work.
- Strong references from NationBuilder’s design and community strategist teams.
- An ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines, and adapt quickly to changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Apple iWork (Keynote and Pages), Microsoft Office, and Sketch.
- A passion for design, an openness to new ideas, and a foundational belief that quality work matters
- Experience developing on Shopify’s ecommerce platform
- Experience with PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby, or other back-end programming languages
- Understanding of CDNs and other web server technologies
How to apply
About Hines Digital
Hines Digital is the world’s leading digital strategy & technology provider to conservatives. We specialize at imagining and executing an integrated approach to online fundraising, digital & field organizing, data targeting, and social media. Since 2013, we have worked with leading campaigns & in Australia, Canada, France, Ireland, Malta, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and the United States.